Welcome new Y1 class!
1 September 2020 (by S Copestick (Year1))
Whether you receive this message this evening or in the morning, I’d like to welcome you all to a new school year in year 1. Please read on for a few ‘first day back’ pointers... Please share this with your child before school if possible.
I am anticipating that the morning will be quite busy and I’m looking forward to Welcoming all of the year 1 children back to school between 9 - 9.15 and updating parents about their child’s first day on this app tomorrow afternoon.
1. You will need your book bag, coat and a drinks bottle. School rucksacks needn’t come in but remember to bring your smile!
2. Inside your book bag should be your snacks (for morning and afternoon play. You may also have a colouring book/activity book that will stay in school inside your tray)
3. When you arrive at school in the morning, the year 1 door will be open. Please come in and find Your peg to hang up your coat. Water bottles can go in the tray provided in the cloak room.
4. Then find your tray to put in your book bag.
Please don’t panic about this, you will be pointed in the right direction as it will be new for everybody.
5. Now it’s time to wash your hands
6. After, come and take a seat in the classroom and enjoy having a chat with your friends.
Remember, I will be there to help you because parents are unfortunately not able inside the classroom still. I know you are professionals at this because many of you did it last summer term.
I’m very excited to see you all Looking grown up and smart, and Of course to teach you all about year 1.
See you soon
Year 1 teacher