Being a school council member provides you with the opportunity to make that change!
"We are the voice of our friends, our ideas count, we help to make our school get better and we make the future of the school"
Quote from School Council member
What is our purpose?
We are the voice of the students
- We aim to get things done to make our school better.
- To find ways to improve our school.
- To give every pupil a voice and to make all decision making fair.
All members of the school council have a duty to report back any information they discuss to their classes. They must also make sure they represent the views of every child in their own classes by sharing them at -school council. They can record this information in their school council book.
What happens at the school council meetings?
School council meetings are held most weeks in the hall or classroom. For the meeting to go ahead there must be at least 8 council members present. We talk about the outcomes of our class discussions , make plans and celebrate outcomes. Decisions will be made using a hands up or blind voting system. If a decision can’t be reached, it will be put to the whole school. Ideas and questions are put to classes/the whole school before they are voted on in school council.
Organisation of the school council
- Two representatives from each KS 1 and 2 class
- Link Teacher
- An agenda is to be organised by the link teacher
- Meetings to be lead by the chair.
- Minutes will be recorded by the vice-chair
- All members of the school council can make suggestion
It is a very responsible job, and School Council Members will share information with their class, and get ideas and views from pupils by talking.
What is our school council code of conduct?
As agreed by the School Council
1. Take care of each other e.g. older members can support the younger members
2. We don’t leave anybody out.
3. Always put your hand up.
4. We always support the majority decision.
5. Don’t shout out.
6. Always listen to the person speaking.
7. Always give your class an update.
8. Try our best to make the school better
9. Always attend school council meetings unless we are not at school
10.We must always report back to our classes and share their views (not just our own)
Our next project - Autumn term 2022
Macmillan coffee morning
7th October 2022
Please come and support this very important charity.
We will be asking for cake donations closer to the time.
Coffee Morning | Macmillan Cancer Support
Let us know if you have any good ideas!
Talk to your class rep!
We are here for you all.