Hello Year 1 families! I hope everyone is well and ready to start the Summer term.
I have really enjoyed spending time with my family at home but have also missed you all. I’m pleased to be back in touch after the Easter break and really grateful that we can keep in contact with each other on seesaw, as well as using it to practise our skills.
I will continue to upload activities onto seesaw. Key skills that Year 1 children should try to practise often. This might be handwriting, phonics, sentence work, reading or maths.
If you’re having trouble with navigating a seesaw activity on your device, most seesaw activities can be adapted - to simply doing it on paper, taking a photo of it and uploading it to seesaw (or by printing off the student template if you have access to a printer).
Below, you will find the most recent fortnightly topic web – this includes home learning challenges and activities based upon the wider Year 1 curriculum. You can choose these activities at your leisure to keep you busy. You are not expected to do them all.
Any learning that you do over the coming weeks is super, learning comes in all shapes and sizes but I recommend that you do keep practising those key skills, keeping them up for our return to school.
Sending love to all our families
See you on Seesaw!
Home Learning Downloads
Phonics Play Username: march20 password: home
Online Reading books - Epic or World e-book or Oxford Owl
Authors reading online: Josh Gad (Olaf) Oliver Jeffers and many more
See below the information from our spring term reading and phonics meeting.
Year 1 News
- Some information for Our Year 1 families.
- Hello Y1 families I would like to draw your attention to seesaw where I have posted a short video showing how we have set up for our Year One bubble.
- Hello Y1 Mums and Dads! Well today we saw the return of some reception children to their reception bubbles. There have been many changes but school has taken on the challenge.
- Year 1 families - I hope everyone is well and keeping in high spirits.
- To Year 1 parents Just a reminder that the meeting on reading and phonics is on Friday 28th February at 9.10am.