- Weekly news from Mrs Deakin
- Footballing future looking bright for Marton!
- Today our school started to learn the hymn (and anthem) Jerusalem. In reflecting upon our current termly value Justice - courage, challenge and truth, we began learning the patriotic song.
- Marton fought hard in some close matches to finish 4th in their section
- We welcomed Beth Cosgrove who has been working with Mr Marks and Y5 in learning about the Old Testament. Together they presented 'Bible Explorer!' to the rest of the school and the y5 parents.
Welcome to our School
We are a rural Church of England primary school situated in the beautiful village of Marton between Congleton and Macclesfield. Created in the 1960s to serve the villages of Marton, Swettenham, Eaton, Hulme Walfield, Lower Withington, Siddington and North Rode, we have the largest catchment area in Cheshire East at 100 square miles and long history we’re very proud of.
However despite the fact that we are nearing our 50th birthday, with our 14th century timber-framed church understood to be one of the oldest timber-framed churches still in use in Europe, and the Marton Oak, the oldest oak in Cheshire at over 1200 years of age, and one of the biggest oaks in Britain, we are definitely not the oldest feature in the village.
With between 180 - 200 children on the school roll each year, our combined EYFS and school settings cater for children from 2 – 11 years. Our Christian ethos is a fundamental feature of life at Marton, running through everything we do and we enjoy strong links with our village churches. Single form entry and below average class sizes allow us to develop strong relationships with our children and families and we have many families where we are now educating the next generation and we even have a teacher who was at school here.
We hope you’ll enjoy finding out more about our Marton school family and all we have to offer.
Latest School Calendar Events
- Year 5 and 6 trip -Ranger Dan21Mar2018
- Year 3/4/5/6 Cross country @ Macclesfield Leisure Centre21Mar2018
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm @ Macclesfield leisure centre
- Girls Football League round 222Mar2018
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm @ Congleton High School
- Year 2 Class Assembly23Mar2018
9:15 am - 9:45 am
- Parents' Evening*26Mar2018
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm @ Marton & District Primary School Hall
* Please note Mrs Sparey (Y3) will not be available this evening This is an opportunity for classes (excluding Y3) to have an individual appointment to discuss your child with their teacher. Information and times will be sent to parents in advance. Unfortunately a creche will not be available and we would ask parents to arrange childcare themselves, in order for staff to be able to talk to parents privately without children present. Please inform the office if there are any alternative transport arrangements on this day.