Marton & District C E Aided Primary School News
- Cheshire East Council have advised us that school emails should be working as normal tomorrow.
- Due to a fault at Cheshire East there are no emails being received at or sent from school.
- Sunday 27th January @ 4.30pm
- Parent helpers not required tomorrow, thank you for offering
- Lunch tomorrow after the theatre trip
Welcome to our School
We are a rural Church of England primary school situated in the beautiful village of Marton between Congleton and Macclesfield. Created in the 1960s to serve the villages of Marton, Swettenham, Eaton, Hulme Walfield, Lower Withington, Siddington and North Rode, we have the largest catchment area in Cheshire East at 100 square miles and long history we’re very proud of.
However despite the fact that we are nearing our 50th birthday, with our 14th century timber-framed church understood to be one of the oldest timber-framed churches still in use in Europe, and the Marton Oak, the oldest oak in Cheshire at over 1200 years of age, and one of the biggest oaks in Britain, we are definitely not the oldest feature in the village.
With between 180 - 200 children on the school roll each year, our combined EYFS and school settings cater for children from 2 – 11 years. Our Christian ethos is a fundamental feature of life at Marton, running through everything we do and we enjoy strong links with our village churches. Single form entry and below average class sizes allow us to develop strong relationships with our children and families and we have many families where we are now educating the next generation and we even have a teacher who was at school here.
We hope you’ll enjoy finding out more about our Marton school family and all we have to offer.
Latest School Calendar Events
- Parent Surgery25Jan2019
9:00 am - 10:00 am
- Young Voices11Feb2019
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- School closes today at 3.30pm for Spring half term holiday15Feb2019