Miss Copestick & Mrs Daniels
Year 1 News
- Y1 took part in an African drumming workshop.
- Year 1 are looking for plastic milk bottles with handles. Alternatively, washing detergent bottles with handles.
- Homework has now been added to 'My Maths'.
- Y1 door open this morning for Year 1 book change.
- We had a tasty afternoon today sampling different cheeses in KS1.
Welcome Back to school Year 1 families - old and new! The children have grown up tall during the holidays and all look so smart back in their uniforms!
It is clear from just the first day that Year 1 is going to be a hard working class and we are looking forward to getting to know the Y1 families a lot better, as well as teaching a class of super stars! !
We look forward to meeting families properly at 'Meet the Teacher' on Monday 11th September, where you can get a little more information about the year ahead.
See you then,
Miss Copestick and Mrs Daniels
Autumn Term 1
Our first topic of the year is 'Under the Sea'. As we explore the depths of the ocean, Y1 will be learning about sea creatures and their habitats. Children will enjoy learning new poems, rhymes and stories, exploring new and more ambitious vocabulary and developing their ability to write independently in different genres.
As we meet the character Katie Morag, who lives on the Isle of Struay in Scotland, we will learn about the geographical features of her home island and compare them to our own.
In Maths, children will be learning number and place value, addition and subtraction and properties of 2D shape.