We are building up our role as the school year goes by and our most recent project was to undertake a prayer and reflection workshop at New Life Church. As usual we received a warm welcome from the NLC team who gave us an opportunity to brush up on our skills of developing the Christian ethos in school through prayer and reflection. We came away with some great ideas and have even planned our next meeting in order to develop our ideas further for our next Christian Values Day!
What is an Ethos Group?
- Supports our school in developing our Christian distinctiveness
- It promotes our Christian values:
- We report to governors on what we have thought about and discussed
- We work with other adults to develop positive working relationships
- The work of our Ethos group will be recorded in our School Development Plan and all our meetings are minuted.
What does the Ethos group do?
- Meet with MissCopestick and Mrs Sparey regularly to discuss aspects of our school’s commitment to our Christian ethos and school values.
- We ask pupils their opinion about our school values and worship.
- We feedback to the Ethos group any findings we have.
- We help plan collective worship and take an active role in collective worship.
- We try hard to develop or spirituality within school.
- Undergo learning walks to look at how distinctive our school is as a church school.
- Develop reflective areas around school – keep them fresh and updated.
- Receive special privileges for the work we do.