Ethos Group 2017 - 2018
Our new Ethos Group has already been very busy under going training on the role of Ethos Group and promoting Christian distinctiveness throughout school.
After autumns Christian Values Day that was themed 'putting on an attitude of gratitude', we collected every child's card of thanks to add to 'the coat of gratitude.'
You can see the finished article below being modelled beautifully by Ethos groups Eden!
We have also evaluated class reflective areas this term and have given some helpful hints to the teachers on how to make their class reflective areas even better!
What is an Ethos Group?
- Supports our school in developing our Christian distinctiveness
- It promotes our Christian values:
- We report to governors on what we have thought about and discussed
- We work with other adults to develop positive working relationships
- The work of our Ethos group will be recorded in our School Development Plan and all our meetings are minuted.
What does the Ethos group do?
- Meet with MissCopestick and regularly to discuss aspects of our school’s commitment to our Christian ethos and school values.
- We ask pupils their opinion about our school values and worship.
- We feedback any findings that we have.
- We help plan collective worship and take an active role in collective worship.
- We try hard to develop our spirituality within school.
- Undergo learning walks to look at how distinctive our school is as a church school.
- Develop reflective areas around school – keep them fresh and updated.
- Receive special privileges for the work we do.